If you only knew how many times I have pulled up this site and thought I just can't do it right now. I got back Friday and jumped right into my life and haven't stopped. I am really tired. Jason was questioning my 8:30 bedtime last night. Like, really tired. We bought a house this week, Emory turned 8, and everything else in between. Tomorrow, I will rest. And the kids will probably watch lots of TV and play lots of wii.
1. That is Josie holding Lolly's foot in the picture above. See how she is squeezing her just a tad too hard? Poor Josie. She adjusting to the new person in her life. I took most of the pictures that I tagged on to my FB page. Thank goodness Betsy has a camera since I am camera sad. I think I might order my new one today. I have felt really naked without my camera.
2. I HATE how when I leave my kids they are perfect and when I get home they revert back. I know this is a mom thing but it stinks! Jason said they really didn't whine or fight while I was gone. My mom said the same thing about the beach. I wasn't home an hour before all of those things were back in play. I haven't prayed for patience so I don't know what God is trying to teach me.
4. I did pray something very specific for Betsy's delivery, along with many other women, and He answered our prayers. I had to remind myself that it didn't just happen because her delivery was different this time, or she just pushed differently, it happened because we prayed and God answered our prayers. I think that sometimes when I pray specifically and then he answers, I often give the credit to circumstance and not Him. Not on purpose, I just don't think about it because the situation is resolved. I have to be aware of how God has answered prayers in my life so I can give Him the praise and glory and gratitiude that He deserves.
5. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... Ephesians 3:20
This was Jay's memory verse for last week. I love the "more than we ask or imagine". So many times I think I know what I need but He has a plan that is even more that I can imagine. I still have overwhelming gratitude for God's timing and this new house. If I had gotten my way, we would have sold our house last year and since we couldn't find what we wanted, I was willing to move to an apartment. Instead, God waited a year, sold it without it being for sale, and allowed us to buy a house that has everything I have ever wanted and more. The sooner I live everyday looking to Him for the plan and not myself the sooner I will have peace.
6. One thing I have learned is being aware (taught to me by a wise city woman). Sometimes I stress over spending individual time with each of my children and make it into a big thing, like a date night. This usually ends in a fight because they see it as what are you going to buy me time. If I am aware then I can steal individual time that just happens and make the most of it. If Jay wants me to watch him play his DS while Emory is at tumbling then that is individual time that I am affirming him (I absolutely hate watching them play video games, except Just Dance, because I like to play that one) or if Packy wants to play trains while the kids are school then I should get down on the floor and play. You might not have to teach yourself this but I am a "non-playing" mom so I have to think about it. That is just one thing along the lines of being aware. I'll tell you some more later.
I think I will end on that note. It is Friday and I am going to see the Justin Beiber movie later this afternoon. I am going to work on my thoughts from New York so maybe I can make that Tuesday's ten. Any questions? Anything?