The Birdhouse is extra sparkly and I can't wait to tell you about it!
1. We went to Tybee for Thanksgiving and it was awesome. As usual we followed the slow Tybee pace and relaxed. Mom and I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving lunch and it was delicious. We watched football, made s'mores, had good quiet times, rode bikes, went exploring on the beach, made crafts, and watched the Beyonce concert. (OK, I watched the Beyonce concert but I know I'll never actually go to one so why not watch. It was quite a production.)
2. The day after Thanksgiving, Jason and I left the kids and came back to Macon. We put up all of the Christmas decorations, got a tree from Brad and decorated it, and decided for the first time that we would go with outdoor Christmas lights. Remember how I told you I wanted the house lit up? It is lit up.
3. The best part of this was that it was a surprise for the kids. They had no idea what we were up to. We told my parents that they could not bring them home until it was dark on Sunday night. They always wanted outdoor lights so we wanted it to be lit up when they turned on to our street. The surprise worked. They were super pumped. They jumped out of the car and went crazy. Crazy in a good way, for once. Packy could not stop jumping up and down and loved every single decoration he found. 3 year olds make it worth it. Jay even gave us props for the outside lights. Ahhhh. To satisfy Jay is a task not easily attainable. I even got a hug from my biggest boy.
4. The sad part was that Packy thought it was Christmas day and wanted to know where all the presents were. He could not quite grasp the "season" concept. I think this will be a daily talk I have to have with him.
9. My favorite decorations are on the mantle. The poster size print of the picture at the top of this post is Packy on his very first Christmas. We call it "Santa Pac" and it is always on the mantle. The wreath made of hands hanging from the mantle was made with Jay's sweet baby hands. (I actually think he made it at 2K right before we quit 2K and did not go back to school until 4K. A bad pre-school experience is tough on a mom.)