Wednesday, February 15, 2012
1. How can my buddy be 5?
2. Packy has been to alot of BIG birthday parties this year so I thought he would want a BIG party too. I told him he could invite his entire class plus his friends outside of class and we talked about the different places where we could go (which are painfully limitied in Macon in February). I think it stressed him out a little bit. He finally said he would just like to go to Burger King (like last year) and just invite his 3 friends from church. Done. Thank you Pac for being easy. (We did breakfast. Come at 9 in the morning, leave at 10. Bring your family.)
Thursday, February 9, 2012
2. Yesterday I wore jeans and tennis shoes. I know this is a pretty typical mom outfit, but I watch alot of What Not to Wear, and Stacey and Clinton abhor this look. I knew I had given up on even trying to put an outfit together. Now you know I am not a fancy mom and feel perfectly fine wearing my workout clothes all day. But jeans and tennis shoes are a different story. It lets me know that I am tired. (And if this is a look you are not afraid of that is great. I just have WNTW guilt.)
3. The past few weeks I have been given lots of opportunities to share parts of my story with different people. All for very different reasons. I have said before that I don't think God brings you through hard times in vain. He shows you his grace and mercy and then you can share how God has worked in your life with other people. I thought I would be emotionally exhausted, but I'm really not. I remember one of my friends mentioning before that God doesn't ever ask you to do something without giving you the strength to do it. He equips us to do what he asks us to do. It's not our strength, but His.
20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13
4. Another reason I don't think I am emotionally spent is because I have stayed close to Him. I have been in His word and in prayer. I know that I am just a vessel that he is using. It is nothing of my own power. Nothing I can say can change a person's heart. That takes the pressure off of me and allows me to really put myself out there. As long as I am willing to be used, the results are off of me. They are up to God. I can share with someone, pray for and with them, but what they decide to do is completely out of my hands. This gives me such peace. If I take on other people's issues as my own, and worry about what decisions they are making, then I am making myself much more powerful than I am, and not trusting God. He is in control, not me. I am just trying to be a willing servant.
5. Jason was giving the dog a bath on Sunday. Nothing out of the ordinary. We blow dry our dog after a bath because he is a Westie and you just have to. What was odd was that I saw Jason grab my brush to brush him. MY BRUSH? So when I politely asked (yelled), What are you doing with MY brush? Jason told me he had been using my brush to brush the dog for years. Years. What??? Then he reassured me that he always cleaned the dogs hair out when he was finished. Really Jason? Really?
6. Packy loves all holidays. Yesterday we bought his class Valentines. When he got antsy during the big kids homework time I got them out and had him write his name on each one, all 32. That went faster than I thought it would so I decided to give him his class list and have him write all the names of his friends (not required). Check. Finally he got treat bags and put a treat and a card in each bag and sealed them up. Note to self: give Packy projects to do during homework time.