Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
1. I missed my 5k race on Monday because I finally got the bug that passed around my entire family. I got it Sunday and was determined to be well when I woke up on Monday morning. I got up early, ate my toast, put on my running clothes, and did a test run up the road. It wasn't going to happen. Sweaty legs when you are not really hot is not the ideal condition for running. I refused to take off my shoes until the race actually started and I could admit I was not going. Then I got in bed and slept until lunch. I was very disappointed.
2. Sometimes I just need a good YouTube video to make me laugh out loud. It helps. This one helped today. Thanks Betsy. Auto tune rocks.
3. Due to my bug, I also missed my first attempt at having some "non" family people come over and eat (even though they are as close to family as they could be without blood). I planned a Sunday lunch. I cooked on Saturday and had a big spread all ready. I cleaned the house and even set the table...with place mats....and cloth napkins with napkin rings. Napkin rings. Do you hear me? This was big for me. I hated sending that early morning text asking for a rain check.
4. I have camera block. I need to just pick up my camera and take pictures of whatever we are doing. Life documentation. It doesn't have to be perfect.
5. We started Fall Ball. This is baseball in the fall. Jay moved up to a new league and once again I have mommy anxiety. He doesn't love it. Am I making him do something just to satisfy some urge I have? I want him to just be him but then I don't seem to be comfortable with who that is. Being a mom to kids is hard. Give me a baby any day. Feed it, change it, love it. I can do babies. Kids are what make my heart hurt. It's hard to give them what's best when you aren't really sure what that is. Prayer. Lots of prayer.
6. Why do the things I am really excited about doing in the morning become a chore by the evening? I want to read long chapter books to the kids but by bedtime I am out of steam. I can barely get through one of Packy's books.
7. When I was sick, Packy came and got in the bed with me. He is the sweetest little snuggler. Then he fell asleep and peed all over the bed.
8. I have journaled that I would like to try to not eat sweets for 5 days or use the computer for 5 days. Not the same week. I don't think I can do either one. Just the thought makes me want to eat some cake mix.
9. I am very happy Danielle will not be on another season of Real Housewives of NJ. She is too crazy. I also am happy that The Situation and Audrina are going to be on Dancing with the Stars. I might even watch this season. Those are the celebrities I like. D list all the way.
10. My bed is calling me. I could live in that thing. I can actually handle being sick a couple of days because I love my bed so much. That might be sad but I really don't care.