1. I know I didn't do it on Tuesday but I had an unexpected root canal. I went to the dentist at 11am for a crown and was given the news I did not want to hear..."You need a root canal. I am going to get you in right now since you are already numb." I guess that's better than sitting around worrying about it. It still stunk. That is not really the word I would choose but I refuse to type any word stronger than that. So, I had a root canal and I survived.
2. Do you the difference between women doctors and men doctor's waiting rooms? Women doctors have magazines that are not only the right year but the right month. I was in magazine heaven yesterday. For four hours I read every single October issue that is currently available. Thank you Dr. Lawson and Dr. Lee!
3. So we went to Tybee last weekend with some friends and a bunch or our kids. It was a nice getaway. Jay finally had some boys to play with. The people we took had 2 boys and then we picked up 2 local boys that spent a lot of time with us. Do you know what they had the most fun doing? Playing on these big plastic tubes that the city was about to use for some kind of road project. Jay actually said he didn't want to go to the beach because he didn't want to leave the tubes.
4. Tybee is kind of stuck in a time warp. I let my kids ride their bikes in the street and play outside without having to keep my eye directly on them. Such a nice change of pace. My neighborhood has become thuggy with a lot of home invasions and I never let my people in the front yard without an adult watching. The crime in Tybee consists of drunks stealing your bikes.
5. This is Emory's writing portfolio at school:
6. Self control is an issue for my children. It has always been an issue of mine so I really shouldn't be surprised. That doesn't mean it makes being a mom any easier.
7. Along those same lines....my house and car are a big mess. Someone once told me that the condition of your car is a reflection of your life. Ugh. I am going to choose not to believe that. My car is a mess. My life is messy but not a mess.
8. Between Flat Stanley, neighborhood map, fall baseball, Wed. night church, BSF, and all of the other activites going on I feel like I am behind the eight ball. I have given up hope of "catching up". One step at a time.
9. Parenting children is more exhasting than taking care of a baby and not sleeping. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. This is my daily life.
10. Do you ever ignore the child who doesn't give you trouble because you spend so much time discplining the one that does? I am trying to enjoy each of my children for thier unique personalities but sometimes I wonder if I even know what's going on. Finding the balance to love each child with thier love language is hard. I want to have a close relationship with each of them but when I reflect on the day I so often fail. Thank you God for new mercies each day.
(See Jay at the top? He's happy and kinda smiling. Yes I will type kinda but not bad words.)