1. I am sad today. Betsy and the girls are leaving. It has been such a fun summer and I love having Betsy around. She makes me laugh and helps me process my crazy life.
2. I am really going to miss Josie. She really loves me, my car, and my house. Last summer she was still a Mama's girl but this summer she has been Aunt Paydon's girl. There is no other feeling like coming in to a house and a sweet 2 year old running from the other room and jumping in to your arms.
3. We were talking at dinner last night about how this time of year is like New Year's. We really run by a school calendar year and it's a brand new year. This year I am going to be more organized, involved, on top of things. Heard that before?
4. There is a wave of divorce right now in Macon with people my age. It makes me very sad and especially considering all of the small children involved. I don't know any of the details and make no judgements but I do know marriage is hard. I have seen some marriages that have been to hell and back and stuck it out. The difference is that these people committed their marriage to God and when it got hard, like for real, hard core hard, they got on their knees. And they worked. Marriage is work. Seasons of really hard, super hard, work. But God can repair all of the brokenness if you let Him. After the work is the sweetness. Don't give up!
5. I am not a fancy mom. This used to bother me and sometimes I would buy outfits that made me look like a fancy mom and I would feel uncomfortable. In my "new life" I have become comfortable with me. Not me trying to be somebody else. There is such freedom in this. So when I go to visit my children at school, I am just me, flip flops and all.
6. Jason got an iPhone. I don't know who is more excited. Me? The kids? Him? Let's just say that we are all really excited.
7. School is so far so good. Emory loves everything. Jay doesn't hate everything and that is good. Boys don't give details about their day so it's hard to tell, but I think Jay is having a good start.
8. One thing that I am really good at it is putting stuff in to my shopping cart and then talking myself out of it by the time I get to the register. This can be online or brick and mortar stores. I have to have it at the back of the store but then I realize what a waste of money it is. I am really trying to watch what I bring in to the house. I hate junk and we have so much junk. I could take a bag to Goodwill daily.
9. I will have 2 new nieces/nephews in the next six months (my s.i.l. Amanda and Betsy). I love babies and can not wait to get my nose on some baby breath! And take some baby pictures.
10. Very content. Very happy. Right where I am right now.