1. Jay is at baseball camp at Mercer this week. Emory is at tennis camp at Healy Point. For Jay this is huge. He had separation anxiety for a long time. Like until last year maybe. This made birthday parties, sports, basically anything new very difficult for him. And by him I also mean for me. I didn't know how to handle it. Why wouldn't you want to go play with your friends? Fear crippled him. So when Jason told me that he just said "Bye Dad" and went to his camp I cried. Tears of joy of how far the Lord has brought him.
2. Emory would go to a camp where she knew no one and they spoke another language and not think twice about it. Emory's attitude is more of "why wouldn't they want to play with me?"
3. They are in camps because my vision of taking it slow this summer was blown on day 3 of vacation with the "I'm boreds". I'm bored? Hi ho hi ho it's off to camp you go. All day camp.
4. I had the best time in Madison, MS this past weekend with my family. We went to my cousin's wedding. We did not take our children but some of my cousins did. It was so fun to get to know these children some, of whom I have never met. It's funny to see the little personalities that I remember from their parents when they were young.
5. It's not terrible twos. It's terrible threes. At least that is my experience. Packy is starting to show signs of this. Mom says I made him rotten.
6. I am reading a book. Yea! It's been so long. I am reading The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder by Rebecca Wells. She wrote The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. I love her books. She really gets how hot it is in the south.
7. Just a reminder that my sister is still the best. I can't wait for her to be here with her tiny people in July. Every year we spend a month in Tybee at it's so much fun. Communal living. Sharing the load. Lots of fun!
8. I just signed up for a Photoshop class. Trying to learn something new. It's good to have motivation and a brain that can still learn. A little over a year ago I had neither.
9. I am happy. Do I say that every Tuesday? I am living a life I never thought possible. Free from the guilt and shame that used to weigh so heavy. Able to deal with life without shutting down or numbing it away. Acceptance that I am God's child and that He is in control is the most freeing thing that has ever happened to me. His will be done, not mine because mine is limited to my small perspective, everyday.
10. I miss my gym when I am out of town.