Thursday, April 17, 2008

Observations of 3rd Graders

First let me say that Betsy informed me that my blog was now PG instead of G.
Today I proctored a 3rd grade class at Jay's school for the CRCT. It was a little over 2 and a half hours with a class I had never met. I actually knew one kid and knew 2 kids parents. Third grade is very interesting. Here are my observations.
1. Some people are still babies and some are almost to puberty.
2.They all have giant feet.
3.They all like to read very thick books (Harry Potter style).
4.They really like their teacher even if they would not admit it.
5.When they have a break to stretch, they stretch like they are about to run a marathon. Deep knee bends and all.
6.When they have nothing else to do, a Kleenex, brought to them by the guest proctor, became an event.

No comments: