Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Catch up

Kissing 2nd Cousins:Clara and Packy Jay and Jason in Mario 64 trance-bonding over the wii.


Why is it that when I set my alarm for 6 am with great intentions of getting my day started early that the night runs something like this? The baby is teething and gets up more than normal. The six year old has a bloody nose and wants some company as he waits it out in the bathroom. When he finally goes back to bed there is a bug on the ceiling that must be killed since he is in the top of a bunk bed. Baby up again. By the time the alarm goes off I know I am not getting up. Best intentions.
The reason I was trying to get up is to "catch up". I always feel like I am trying to catch up the things I need to do to get to the things I want to do. This is basically an organization issue but as soon as I feel like I am somewhat organized I am thrown a curve ball. Thanks to http://karijo.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/calendar/ and http://www.grocerylists.org/ I do have my meals for the week planned. Now I just need to make a plan and work the plan...but oh the laundry!
The recipe below is for something that Jason and I always enjoy. Straight sugar but so good.
Freezer Candy
Line a cookie sheet with foil.
Place saltines on foil-about one sleeve.
Melt 2 sticks of butter with one cup of brown sugar.
Bring to a boil.
Stir and boil for 2 minutes.
Pour over crackers.
Cook at 400 for 7 minutes.
Remove and pour one package chocolate chips on top and spread evenly.
Put in freezer until set (an hour or so).
Break into pieces.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - I guess this IS and easy way to keep people up to date - me included. I'll always read, but I love the pics too.
Ceci