Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Countdown




Inspired by one of the blogs I read, I decided to really try to make Christmas special this year. Last year I was very pregnant with Packy and Jason had to do all of the decorating. We started the "projects" earlier this week with the cookies and pine cone decorating. Yesterday Jason blew the leaves in the backyard in to a giant pile and we played different games in it. Then he built a fire in the portable fire pit and we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Jay told Jason it was the best night of his life. He was in one of those "I love you Dad" moods. I decided to make an advent of some sort and the envelope bulletin board is what I came up with. Each day I will put a new "project" in the envelope that will tell the kids what we are going to do. Today's activity is to decorate the house and get a tree and trim it. Other activites include, read the real Christmas story from the Bible, watch Frosty the Snowman together and drink hot chocolate, ride around and look at Christmas light, etc. My goal is to post each day what we did. I can't promise it will happen but I am going to try. We also have a tree on the bulliten board that Emory made at school and each day we add a Christmas ball to it. She brought it home with office stickers to put on it but I chunked those and punched new ones from my old scrap paper. Much cuter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it. Your calendar is precious. Sounds like a fun month of December.