Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
1. Tide Febreze is my new favorite laundry detergent. I love how it smells. I used to be a Gain person. Sometimes I dry my clothes so many times that they smell burnt and not like detergent at all. I can not stand to fold cold clothes. When I am pregnant I am completely obsessed with smelling cleaning products. I would stick my head in the Gain box and inhale as deep as I could. I also ate soap bubbles and crunched on ice every waking hour. I am not the only one who has this pregnancy affliction. Some people eat dirt. It's called Pica disorder and it comes from an iron deficiency. I don't know why I told you all that. I don't foresee every being pregnant again but I do like the smell of clean laundry.
2. I am currently addicted to Mason jars. Aren't they awesome? I have all different sizes, new and old. They feel so solid and American. Glass is so much more comforting than plastic. And they are really cheap. I am putting everything in them. Leftover chocolate chips, jelly beans, taffy, lighting bugs, cotton balls, pens, and anything else I can find that will fit in them. Little things make me happy.
3. I am trying to love people. I am nice to people but I don't always love them. This is something God has revealed to me during my Philippians study. Paul really had a heart for God's people. He took a genuine interest in their lives. While I am not a mean person (my kids might say different), I don't think I love people like I should. It's easy to love the people that are easy to love, but God wants more than that. So since God has put this on my heart I am putting it to prayer. I can't just will myself to love people but God can change my attitude and heart towards them. This is continuing the process of taking me out of the center and putting God in.
4. When you decide you want/need to get sober (or a group of people tell you to get sober or else), you will probably find yourself in a 12 step meeting. There are 12 actual steps and they are in a certain order for a reason. You are not expected to do all of the steps at once. One step at a time, in order. If anyone was told to do them all at once you would get overwhelmed and probably give up. I think when you become a Christian, God doesn't reveal everything at once. We couldn't handle it. We couldn't deal with the weight of our sin or fully comprehend his love for us. He asks us to come in faith and then he grows that faith. We are continually being shown more ways we can serve him with our lives. (See number 3.)
5. I can not keep up with who need their fingernails or toenails cut in this house. Packy's toenails were starting to curve over the end of his toes and Emory was working toward a Guinness Book record with her fingernails. My personal assistant would be excellent at tasks like this.
6. Seeing your bikini wax-er at the pool is like seeing your Ob Gyn at a party. It's just awkward.
7. Packy put himself to bed last night. Turned on his sound machine, turned off the light, and got under the covers. That has never happened with any of my other children. Ever. They don't mind going to bed but they require a full routine before actually doing it. Packy is OCD in other areas but going to bed is not one of them.
8. I love Mondays. Weekends are hard for me. I feel myself wandering around and trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing. On the weekdays, I know what's happening. I have a routine and I stick to it. Maybe I need a new weekend plan? I also feel ready to go on Monday. I get alot done and usually have lots of energy. I don't know why it's different. Maybe I rested on Sunday? Just sayin' that I really like Mondays.
9. Have you seen the honey badger video narrated by Randall? Look on YouTube. It does have some bad words so consider yourself warned. If you don't think it's funny, your husband will.
10. I survived the second golf tournament weekend in a row. I would like a medal. Jason won his flight (this means actual money, not Pro-Shop credit) and came in 6th overall. This was a real tournament, meaning every shot counts. He is so happy when he is playing good and that makes me happy.
Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that I have this little one (and the rest of her family) with me for the month starting this Friday. I can not wait!