1. We are in the house. Yea! We have spent 4 nights (we only had one layover night at my mom's and that is pretty good for us) here and it just keeps getting better. It is starting to feel like home. The problem now is all of the stuff we still have at the old house. We have a ton of non-essential items to move and lots to clean. Next Friday is the day we hand over the keys. Good bye old house!
2. What is the first thing a man buys when he gets a new house? A new television, of course. So we got ours. I met Jason at Best Buy and he showed me the one he liked. He also introduced me to the Direct TV guy that had him sold on Direct TV. He told me about all of the great channels, the DVR, the free upgrades, and how it was going to be cheaper than Cox. But what about the satellite? He assured us that it was small and that no one would really notice it. Factor in the Best Buy gift card that you get when you sign up for Direct TV and buy a TV on the same day and we were signing up. Later that night, at exactly 2:30am, I woke up in a cold sweat. What if the people in our new neighborhood hate our giant satellite?What if it is against a covenant and we didn't know it and now we are locked in to a 2 year contract? Did I sell out just because I really want a DVR? After an hour, I went back to sleep. The day the technician arrived to install the satellite I was at peace and ready to enjoy my DVR. He walked around the house and came back and said "it won't work". What do you mean it won't work? He said we have way too many tall trees and that unless he puts it in the middle of the front yard, it won't work. So off he went. And although I was irritated with the salesman, because he sold us (and really lied about some stuff), I breathed a sigh of relief because I would not have a satellite attached to my new house. (Disclaimer: I, in no way, have anything against Direct TV or satellites on houses.) Thank you God.
3. Jason did go to Cox and get a DVR. We are in business. I like TV and I am not afraid to say it out loud. Sorry. (Jason really wanted to get the Palladia channel or else I don't know if he would have gone to the Cox office.)
4. I have never known Emory to be a baby person but she is in love with Baby Lolly. She wants to hold her every chance she can and if someone else has her, Emory is right up in their face. The sweet thing is that Lolly loves her too. She smiles and "talks" to her.
5. Moving is crazy. Having my sister here with all 3 of her kids is crazy. My mom not being here to help is crazy. These are a couple of quotes from my mouth this week:
Jason, you have to come to Papa Johns and pay for the pizza. I think I threw my wallet away at the Atlanta airport. (I found it.)
Mom, did you know the truck doesn't have break lights? Packy and I are pulled over, pray for a warning. (I did get a warning and a police escort to my house to make sure I parked it until the lights were fixed. Packy was worried I was going to jail. I often threaten the kids that if they don't behave in the car or sit correctly, I will go to jail. He was very quiet and still.)
6. See Emory's picture? That is how I see her 95% of the time these days. She can't do anything without a cartwheel first. I talk to her fanny all of the time. It drives me crazy most of the time.
7. I know children get spring fever but is it OK if I have it? I am over school. I don't want to do homework. I certainly don't want to do projects. I am ready for sleeping in and beach time. Come on summer!
8. We had our pastor bless our house tonight. He read this:
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
9. Today, I have been sober 2 years. So grateful. So thankful. So happy to be living this life.
10. Today, I have been married 14 years. So grateful. So thankful. So in love.