Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
2. I'm not going to tell you where my new house is but once again God is in the details. It has a bedroom for everyone, a playroom, a big backyard, and my dream (but not a requirement)....a mudroom. I have put more time into designing the mudroom as I have any other room. We will be close to church, school, and Kroger. Perfect.
3. Have you ever been grateful to the point of being overwhelmed? That's where I am. As my pastor likes to say, "This is your God!".
4. Jay and Jason spent the weekend with the cub scouts on the USS Yorktown. It is a huge aircraft carrier in Charleston and they got to spend the night on it for 2 nights. Jay had a blast.
5. Emory and Packy and I stayed at home. It's funny how the dynamic changes with 2 people gone. Friday night they just played together. I stayed up until midnight (normally I am asleep before 10) to finish The Girl Who Played With Fire. They each had a birthday party on Saturday and then we went to Burger King. It's a brand new BK with an amazing indoor playground and if you are a kid in Macon, it's the place to be. I have yet to go and not run into people that we know. I don't eat BK. I really can't stomach fast food which makes me a roadtrip nightmare. The great thing about our new Burger King is that they don't care if you bring food from another place to eat, so my friend and I went by Jim Shaw's and picked up some fried shrimp plates. We did order all of the kids food at BK. It's a win-win.
6. I don't do cold. I am over it. Once I am cold, I can't warm up. I can take up to 3 showers or baths a day just to warm up (my skin is really ticked about this). I drink coffee and hot chocolate, stand on heater grates, and warm up my car before school if it is below 40. I think I could be an island dweller. 75 degrees and above year round would be perfect for me. I don't need seasons and love a good hot Christmas. Skiing used to be something I enjoyed and now I really could care less about that. I am happiest when it is warm.
7.One of my projects while Jason was gone was to organize my recipe binder. I did not have all of the recipes organized by category so I sorted them all on my bed. I had to laugh when I realized that my dessert recipes outnumber all of my other recipes combined by about 8 to 1. I am a sugar crack-head. I am serious about that. Moderation has never been one of my strong suits.
8. I have not been taking a ton of pictures. When it starts to frustrate me more than it is giving me joy I put it down. I do not do well under pressure.
9. Betsy said I was not allowed to skip any more Tuesdays. She thinks I can at least get it together once a week to blog. I used to blog more than once a week but they were thoughtless therefore effortless posts. I do actually think about this blog. And pray over it. And pray for those who read it.
10. Thank you for the response to my appearance on the Flourishing Mother. It was such an honor to be on Andrea's blog.