Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
1. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
2. Have you started thinking about New Year's resolutions yet? I have. Last year I didn't even think about them. I had already changed so many things in a year I didn't feel like official resolutions were needed. I used to really be into making grand resolutions, many that were broken on New Year's day (usually around 12:01 am). This year will be more about reflecting over the past year and seeing where I can grow in the new year. No more pressure of specific and attainable goals, sorry Stephen Covey. Progress, not perfection.
3. Jason has guitar fever and he has it BAD. With the help of YouTube he has taught himself to play over the past two years. I am really proud of him. Jason really doesn't get the "wants" very often. I get them all the time. I get house, car, shoe, everything fever. He is the non-spender in our house so it's fun to watch him really obsess over something. For once. (The last thing he really wanted was his car but he's had that for 5 years.)
4. Girls are pretty. Boys are cool. But cats are just cats. Wisdom from Packy Churchwell, age 3.
5. Simple living. This is something I strive for. These are some of the websites I like that talk about it are
Simple Mom and Life Your Way. I can also draw inspiration from my sister and her friends in New York. Betsy lives in 1400 square feet with 2 kids and one on the way. This is double the square feet she had in her previous apartment. Sometimes (when I get house fever) I think I need a playroom, 3 bathrooms, and an office. Do I really need that? No. It would be nice but then I would have to clean it all and you know that's not going to happen. Simple living.