Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Sorry for the delay.  What I thought was the flu, turned out to be mycoplasma and walking pneumonia.  We realized this after my 8th day of fever and I finally went to the doctor. Being sick as an adult is the worst.  I did nothing for 8 days.  I got so used to having a fever that when I went to the doctor my temperature was 101 and I didn't even know. I felt normal.  Thankfully, I have a husband with a flexible job and some very sweet friends who were willing to help me with the kids and bring food for my starving family. Thank you to everyone who helped us out!!!  (Note:  Bringing a big bowl of cut up fruit to someone who is sick is awesome.  I took a big bowl to bed with me and it was the only thing I ate for days.)
2.  One of my sick days I had to go the store for some essentials.  I mustered up all the energy I had and went to Kroger.  About half way through my trip I could feel my fever starting to break and the sweats starting.  Being an addict, one of my fears is for someone to look at me and think I am messed up when I'm not.  So, sweating like a pig at Kroger at noon was really freaking me out. I knew someone was going to see me soaking wet and standing in a puddle and assume the worst. (In case you didn't know, detoxing is not pretty.) I kicked it into high gear and got out of there as soon as possible.  (I didn't say this was at all rational.  Just my thought at the time.)
3.  Today I took a sewing class. Jason gave me a sewing machine a year ago and I have not touched it.  I am not usually intimidated, but that thing intimidated me.  Maybe it's because my mom is an amazing seamstress.   So today I faced my fear and went to class.  So far, so good.  Not setting the bar too high but hoping to make a simple skirt this weekend, under the supervision of my mom of course.
4.  Packy is playing tee ball and it is the cutest thing ever.  I love tee ball.  It's just so funny.  They don't know what they are doing but look so legitimate in their uniforms. Packy is into it and that is fun for Jason because baseball was his thing growing up (until he discovered girls and then that became his thing).  Packy likes to practice and wants to throw with Jason.  Since every child has a different personality, this is a new experience for Jason.  Someone who wants to practice and is totally fine with not getting it the first time. 
5.  Emory and I are headed to Tybee for St. Patrick's Day.  Packy has a game and so the boys are staying here.  We are riding with my dad so I don't even have to drive. Is it sad that I am looking forward to 3 hours in the car to do nothing?  I need a weekend away to do nothing.  I need to not be in my house and reminded of all the things I need to do.  I am hoping for beautiful weather but I will settle for sleeping in and not having to do anything.  (I also plan on having a surprise birthday for Emory. I was so sick on her actual birthday that I think she ate cereal for dinner.  While we did celebrate in NY, I hate that her actual birthday wasn't special.  Now, she did have a school sign and her dad brought her class donuts, so it wasn't a total loss.)
6.  After a number of days on antibiotics, I was ready to clean the sick out of my house.  I mean top to bottom spring cleaning.  All the floors mopped, all the sheets changed, anything that could bleached, bleached.  Jason worked in the yard while I worked inside and then we met in the garage. After a trip to the Macon Rescue Mission, for the first time in my life, I have a garage to park my car.  It's the little things that make me happy. (The only room I didn't get to was the playroom.  That's an all day project by itself.)
7.  My heart is heavy right now for so many families that are breaking up.  It seems to come in waves and I feel like a tsunami has just hit bunch of people.  It is so hard to watch and be powerless over people making life changing decisions.  Sometimes it just hurts.  Have you ever physically hurt for another person?  It's quite powerful to bare one another's burdens. 
8.  I am so excited that spring is here.  Warm weather is just better.  It just makes me smile to walk outside without a coat.  My body is happier in warm weather.  And yes I know it will be hot as blazes soon and I'm OK with that too.  I would rather be hot.  I have the summer clothes buying fever right now too.  Sandals, shorts, linen pants, tank tops.....I have the wants bad.  I want all of the black dreary clothes out of my closet and replaced by ones that resemble the colors of fruit. 
9.  My Christmas miracle ended.  From now on I will be hanging out of the door in the drive thru.  Don't laugh. 
10.  The best thing about my iPhone is FaceTime.  I love calling Betsy and seeing the girls.  Lolly is now walking and I don't feel like I am missing it.  When Betsy only had Hattie, she came to visit every couple of months.  With three and Hattie in school, that just isn't realistic.  Thank you Apple for making it so easy to see my New York girls.
11. Tomorrow is my birthday.  I just thought you should know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#7 Bawled like a baby in church on Sunday. Matt thought I was "moved" by the offeratory music. Beautiful, but no. Grieving. Hate the fall and longing for Christ's return.